Dr. Enukora Joe Okoli
Life Achievers Award
Dr. Enukora Joe Okoli, is a seasoned, intellectually sound, extensively travelled and experienced corporate executive, with a passion for Education and Training and Community Development.
A Summa Cum Laude (First Class Honours) graduate of McMaster University, Ontario, Canada, Dr Okoli is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Management Consultants (FIMC), Fellow of the Institute of Pension and Benefits of Nigeria, Doctoral Fellow of the UK Institute of Financial Managers and Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Administration (FCIA). He holds a doctorate in Public Policy and Administration. Dr Okoli had his postgraduate education in Canada, and worked in top executive management positions in the United Kingdom for over 25 years before returning to Nigeria in 2005, to serve as Chief Management Consultant to the 5th Senate, under Senator Ken Nnamani’s Senate Presidency.
President Olusegun Obasanjo later appointed him, firstly as Chairman and subsequently, as Managing Director /Chief Executive Officer of the Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF), to revamp and reform the almost moribund organization. His legacies within 2 years at NSITF, included among others:
- Convening the first-ever national Conference on Social Security that subsequently led to the blueprint for revamping the NSITF, and a book on social security in Nigeria.
- Defending the Employees Compensation Bill, before President Olusegun Obasanjo and Umaru Musa Yar Adua’s Federal Executive Council, which was later passed and signed into law by President Goodluck Jonathan. The programme has to date created employment for over 7,000 people, and billions of funds which can be deployed for substantial infrastructural development in the country.
- Served on Ministerial Committee to advise the President on Employee Compensation and Occupational Safety and Health
- Establishing the ProHealth HMO, health management organization as a subsidiary company of NSITF, also creating hundreds of jobs and contributing to effective primary healthcare in Nigeria
- Convening the first-ever National Working Committee on Social Security, with Dr. General Yakubu Gowon as Chairman.
Dr. Okoli is currently, the Executive Vice Chairman of Abuja Graduate School and the Chairman of the soon to be launched Abuja Metropolitan City Polytechnic; founding director of Solar Guarantee Nigeria Ltd, Solar Power Training Centre, Abuja and Chairman of Solar Power Provider’s Association of Nigeria. He is also Trustee and Secretary of Dr. Ukpabi Asika Foundation (of which Rtd. General T.Y. Danjuma is Chairman) and Secretary and Trustee of the Ken Nnamani Centre for Leadership and Development.
Dr. Okoli is married to Dr./Mrs Chibugo Okoli, (nee Onwumechili) and blessed with one daughter and three sons.
Dr. Enukora Joe Okoli is a devout Christian, a Knight of the Catholic Church and a philanthropist with strong beliefs in community development and empowerment which he has demonstrated by impacting positively on many lives and building and donating a multi-million Shopping Centre to his home community in Enugu State of Nigeria.